Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday morning

It's a beautiful April morning and all the windows in the house are open, letting in slightly chilly but wonderfully fresh, spring air. I was woken by a sneezing fit (oh joy! Spring = allergy hell) but it was so beautiful out that I couldn't go back to sleep. Usually I would have been out in the garden as soon as I was dressed, but today I decided to stay in my pajamas and make pancakes. A very good decision. It took me almost two hours to actually make breakfast, but once it was made it was delicious.


My garden has been doing beautifully, and a few days ago I cut a bouquet.



It got a little wilted so I cleaned it out a some.


The roses were rather sad, but still beautiful.


I'm hoping they perk up a little now that they have a vase to themselves.


There's something indescribably lovely about wilting flowers, just before they hit that indescribably depressing state of nearly-but-not-quite dead.



No comments:

Post a Comment