Friday, January 30, 2015

Allez

For about two months now, I've been working in a restaurant called Allez which is French for "to go" and I have absolutely loved it. The people are amazing, the food delicious and the entire environment is such a wonderful place to work and learn. Last night was my last night working there, I regularly worked with a girl named Toni and my manager Shane. Both were tons of fun to work with and unbelievably supportive of a girl who'd never worked in food service before.


Today my sister and I went to Allez for coffee and dessert and to meet Mike, the only employee I'd never worked with before.


We ordered a chocolate mousse and a chocolate ganache, both to split. Almost immediately after bringing us our desserts Mike grabbed a pack of shortbread cookies and set them on our table, telling us that they were "great with the mousse." A few minutes later he approached again asking if I'd gotten a chance to try the pot du creme, on hearing no he put one on the table. 



Madelaine and I talked about my plans and expectations for Paris, my plans for college/how to become a professional interior designer etc. but it wasn't long before he was back with a lemon tart, promising that it was the last one. We ordered coffee and kept talking. We were there for an hour and a half or longer. Madelaine got to meet my ex-coworkers and see the restaurant that I have come to love so much. We ate five deserts and drank two mini-French presses of coffee, and loved it all. It was a wonderful afternoon, and in the end we were charged for one chocolate mousse, one chocolate ganache and two coffees. Oh the benefits of working in a wonderful place, with such wonderful people. I'm gonna seriously miss Allez and everyone and everything connected with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment