Sunday, January 11, 2015

I am an official Au Pair

As of friday morning I have a job in France! I will be working as an au pair to the Schmitzberger family - and incredibly enough they are in fact French, despite the German name. My main duty will be to entertain and speak English with the oldest of their three daughters, two year old Louise. I skyped with the family at 7:00 friday morning and they are absolutely adorable, I can't wait to get over there! They will be sending me the contract soon and once I have it I can apply for my visa and hopefully I will be in Paris by February! So I spent my morning drinking tea, taking notes, making lists and drawing up budget plans. 


The Schmitzbergers want me to stay with them for 18+ months so I will definitely be able to speak French by the time I come home, especially as the mother Sophie speaks very little English. I am so, so excited =).


2 comments:

  1. Omg that is super exciting! Congratulations. I've lived in France for 4 years and my French is still awful, mainly because I've not really tried! But living with a family you will be fine. Happy Adventures!
    Sarah-Jane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah-Jane. For me part of the point is to learn the language, so I'm gonna be trying really hard.

      Delete