Friday, March 27, 2015

The latest news

It's been ages and I'm so sorry! Blogging from an iTouch is a bit of a hassle (forgive any layout issues. Same exuse) so much has happened though I thought it about time I updated you all. A few trips into Paris have happened, not many because of the cost of the train ticket.

Notre Dame

Pont des Arts

The stalls by the Siene 

Sunshine on a Parisian building

Delicious temptations 

I planned to go more often in April, May and June because with French class two days a week I was gonna buy a train pass. 

We went to Disney Land Paris once.




And I visited the Luxembourg Gardens.

Sailboats on the fountain

Coffee ice cream from a street vendor 

Wodehouse in the sunshine

I enjoyed creeping a little and taking pictures of strangers. It's called street photography, gosh!




It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon so I was far from alone. 


I saw the Eiffel Tower all lit up. It was beutiful. 


Spring started making herself known, a little bit at a time.



But all this time I was a little unhappy. Not hugely, dramatically miserable. Just a little unhappy. Until this last Wednesday afternoon. The Schmitzbergers and I talked and agreed that it wasn't really working out. I know it sounds sudden, but it's really not. It was a gradual realization, but by bit. The sudden thing was the fact that they are going on a trip soon so needed me to leave as soon as possible. I had about a half hour of panic before one of my mom's blogging friends Susan swept in like an angel and offered me a place to stay for a few days. Long enough at least to figure out my next step. So yesterday I said goodbye, first to Parmain

Last view of Parmain

And then to Paris

Last view of Paris. But don't worry. I'll come back one day. 

And hopped on a train and headed North to Munich. 

The window in Susan's guest room 

I've spent a lot of today planning my next destination and thanks to friends of friends I have found an opportunity with YWAM in Southern France that I am very excited about. I promise I'll write more, now that I'm not gonna be working as much. 

A lot of people have contacted me in response to my Facebook update wanting to commiserate with me about how hard this must be; but the truth is I'm a lot happier than I was. I got on the train to Munich and I just couldn't stop smiling, and even better I couldn't stop writing. It had been so long since I'd been really inspired, but I could barely put my pen down long enough to let my hand un-cramp. It was a wonderful feeling. I had no idea where I would be going after this weekend's respite with Susan, but I wasn't scared at all. I was confident that God would guide me to just the right place and I'm pretty sure he has with this YWAM opportunity. So your prayers are greatly appreciated, but I really don't need sympathy, kind as it is. And no one need worry. In The Hiding Place one of my favorite lines is Betsy's. She said "the center of God's will is the only place we are safe. There is no 'what if' in His kingdom." I'm sure that's not a direct quote but it's the general meaning of it. And I know that obviously they were in a much more dangerous situation than I am, but the fact remains. God will guide me through my simple difficulties. I have friends and I have friends who have friends so I will not want for a couch to crash on, and if push comes to shove I can always go home. 

"...and it's goodbye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture under the skies." - Jack Karouac On The Road

No comments:

Post a Comment