Friday, January 21, 2011

The first hints

There is a paper white narcissus on our dinning room table. Just one. But it grew, it flourished and it blossomed out side. That means that it must be almost spring!



Yesterday I counted five daffodil buds among the green stems. That means we may have cheerful, golden blooms by my birthday. The ranunculus and anemones have started coming up in my little flower garden. And the hill behind the house is beginning to get green. Soon there will be poly-wogs in the creek down the hill. My little brother may think he is too old for such things but I intend to try and catch some, as I have for years. But you never know. He may come with. Soon I will be pulling out my paint box and hunting all over the neighbor-hood for just the right thing to paint, and I will find it. It seems like some how you always do... in the spring.

2 comments:

  1. Catch me a pollywog!! And paint me a picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do=). And speaking of paintings, did you get the paintings I sent you a while ago?

    ReplyDelete