Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The last few days I:

Sunday) Went shopping with my mum. Poor woman hates Rue 21 but didn't let on at all 'till we'd left the shop. She spent the whole time browsing through racks of truly repulsive junk (tee shirts saying "want to see my tan lines?" >/) looking for the stuff that I needed/might like. She found me an amazing new pair of jeans and when I came up with four random tank tops that I hadn't asked for and assumed that I was going to pay for she offered to buy two of them for me. Long story short she is an amazing woman! <3 love you mumsy!

Monday) finally got a fountain pump! I've always loved water and wanted a fountain in our yard, but being a lazy rat I never looked into it until recently when I found out that all you have to do is: 1)get a pump from Home Depot ($20.00) 2)use hot glue to close the drainage whole in a shallow terra-cotta pot that has been sitting around our property for years, 3)stick that on top of an old milk can which has also been sitting around gathering dust, 4)stick a bunch of glass "gems" in it and 4)dump in some water (all of which can be done faster in real life than it takes to type out the instructions). So I did all that and now have a fountain.


I got inspired by my new fountain so I did a little more sprucing up of our gazebo so it now looks faintly reminiscent of fairy land at night. All I really did was move some lanterns from the trees framing the driveway to the pergola in front of the gazebo. So now when you drive up at night if all the candles are lit, rather than having a chandelier of twinkle lights shining out on the right


and four lanterns shining around the driveway on the left, we have four lanterns leading you straight up the path in the garden and into the gazebo. It looks really pretty.



I also added some floating candles to the fountain. They are also pretty.



Today) Guess what I got today? A FISH! I really like him. His name is Rory the RoFish. For those of you who don't know what a RoFish is it's like a Roman, but a fish. Get it? I know. My attempts at humor are funny for all the wrong reasons. The point is that there is a character on Doctor Who named Rory and his nick-name is Rory the Roman so I named my fish after him. Any way. My fish is cool. He's a betta fish, the kind that need to be all by themselves because they will fight and eat (or be eaten by) any other fish who try to co-habitat with them. The lady at the pet store said they are "Chinese fighters" which I think is just a little bit awesome =).

Any way.  

                              Meet Rory the RoFish!



He is actually blue with pink, but you can't really tell 'cause the lighting is a little wonky here. He's very awesome. He's the first pet who is really and truly and indisputably MINE. I have a cat too (not sure how well those two will get along) but she was a stray who likes my parents better than me =(. Rory doesn't like anyone more than me...although I'm not at all sure he likes me either. It's a little tough to read his emotions. But I'm sure I'll get better at it as the relationship develops.


I think I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment