Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Halloween costume selection time.

I love dressing up in any way, but I especially love costumes. So Halloween is an awfully fun day for me, and the planning process is at least half the fun. So a few days ago I began thinking about it. I decided that my parents should dress up as the Weird Parents from Audrey Wood's book Weird Parents, and my brother is dressing up as a Mutant Ninja Turtle with his friends. But what am I to wear? I was thinking I'd be Alice from Alice's Adventures In Wonderland but I wasn't hugely excited about it. I like costumes that have a nice full skirt so that was the main draw. But today at work I was shelving books in the children's section and I came across one I'd never seen before. The Princess Who Had No Kingdom
The story itself is darling. It's about - shocker - a princess who has no kingdom. She travels about the country in a cart, with a pony named Pretty and a red umbrella when it rains and she looks for her kingdom. She earns money by delivering packages like ostrich eggs that are close to hatching and cranky old grannies.
In the end she marries the court jester and he sells old jokes and she delivers packages and they travel around and are adorable.

So this year for Halloween I am going to be the Princess Who Had No Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment