Thursday, September 25, 2014

Happy Birthday

Today is the birthday of one of my all time favorite authors; Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald

(Did you know he was named after his distant cousin Francis Scott Key who wrote the poem The Star Spangled Banner which was later put to music and that we all know and love as our National anthem?)


Did you also know that he died thinking himself a failure? He truly believed that his work would die away and he would not be remembered. Oh, Scott, how wrong you were! I wonder if his life would have been different if he'd known what an impact his work would have. How popular and classic it has become. I'd like to think he'd have been happier, but I suppose we'll never know.


Edit: It is no longer Fitzgerald's birthday. I should have posted sooner. His birthday is the 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment