Sunday, May 12, 2013

Prom

So Friday night was prom...=D It was super fun! I went with two of my best friends - Sam (aka Scooter) and Julia and we had such a great time! But I'm getting ahead of myself =)

So five days or so ago I picked up my dress, it had been dry-cleaned and altered. There were still some things to do but, being me, I put them all off until the last minute. So my mom and I spent the day before prom working on my dress. Then around four in the afternoon the zipper split. Yeah. It was really fun. The dress was so cute and I loved it so much I didn't even want to think about getting a new one. Mom could just sew me into it the next night. No biggie! So I went to Walmart to get thread, but Mom wanted me to go check at TJMaxx "just incase" Well...I didn't even look at the normal racks, there were these big ones not far from the dresses and hanging on one of them was the most gorgeous dress! Plum purple taffeta, floor length. Incredible. Needless to say I  bought it. And then stayed up 'till 11:30 working on it 'cause it was to low. When I got up the next morning I used an iron and fusing... stuff to hem it up. But then it was perfect =).




Mrs. Cowdery and Sam picked me up 45 minutes after I got back from rehearsal - it was a little stressful but it all worked out - and we headed to Rocklin. We took pictures at Julia's house and then went to the coolest chinees restaurant! It's called Ma Jong's (I think) and was so yummy. Don't get the chow mein. It was gross. But the stuff Sam and Julia got was really yummy and as I could be a professional freeloader if I wanted I did just fine. We then skipped out on the first hour or so of the dance and walked around the pretty park thing that's around the Capital (Ma Jong's is right across the street from the capital in Sacramento). I was glad we skipped the beginning of the dance 'cause by the time we got there - an hour late - the dancing still hadn't started and everyone was wandering awkwardly around. HOWEVER! It was at the car museum!!! It was amazing. There was this one bright red '20's Ford that I absolutely fell in love with, and a really awesome old, red, convertible Camero. The four of us (we added an awesome kid named Matteus - who had a TOP HAT - to our group as soon as we got to the dance) decided that we were all going to get appletinis (they had these awesome drinks called appletinis that were green-apple syrup and ginger ale and they served them in martini glasses, it was great) and steal the car and go driving off into the sunrise. It was a great idea. I had way to many appletinis wich, although they were definitely not alcoholic were very sugary and I got a total sugar high... it was a little interesting. We went to In-N-Out after the dance and got kicked out at 1:30 because they were closing and got home around 2:00. I woke up at 8:45 the next morning (I had expected to sleep 'till at least noon) because my entire body was crying out for something healthy. I gave it sausage and eggs and then pancakes with strawberry syrup. It was amazing.





*****

So ends the history of prom 2013. If you keep reading for a year you'll get rewarded by hearing all about prom 2014, which I really hope is just like this last one - with the addition of Matteus for the part before the actual dance - 'cause this one was perfect.

2 comments:

  1. this was soo fun Claire bear :) you and Julia are welcome to go anywhere with me anytime on the one condition that we take Matteus with us!! :D best dance/party/day ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! It was a pretty awesome party wasn't it? I doubt it would have been nearly as awesome if you people hadn't been do great =D.

      Delete