Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"Something"

Sometimes we need something. We don't really know what it is, we just know that something in us is calling out for another unknown "something". We have given this feeling many names; boredom o restlessness, teenagers tend to say they "can't find anything to do" and so wander around the house. I have a different theory though. My theory is that there is something inside us - I call it a pocket next to my soul - that needs a steady diet of beauty, and when it doesn't get it, it slowly empties, and needs to be refilled. The feeling above mentioned is when this "pocket" empties and is, well, for lack of a better word, hungry. If you read this blog regularly you may have noticed that every now and then I post seemingly random and unconnected pictures and quotes, most of which are from the internet. I make these posts when I am feeling the need for something beautiful, because the time when it's easiest to sympathize with the starving, or pray for the needy is when you yourself are feeling down. These posts are me remembering that other people need beauty in their lives too, so I try to give them a little bit. 


I know my writing 'can't fill it. But I can put some beautiful things all together, I can be a sort of - medium, I guess. I can help. At least, I can try. 



So, next time you're feeling "restless" listen to some really good music - some of my favorites are Mat Kearney, Nora Jones, The Civil Wars, Mumford And Sons and Jack Johnson's Only The Ocean - take a walk, read a good book - I tend to go for Fitzgerald, but not everyone likes him, or just sit some where quiet and think for a little while. I promise you'll feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment