Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cotton Candy

Ever since I can remember, Summer has meant at least one River Cats game. (The River Cats being the  Sacramento based AA team for the A's) 


When I was little I loved going to these games, but being an antsy little kid I had a hard time waiting for the 7th inning stretch. So my dad - who loves baseball, devised a plan. If I could tell him the score in the 5th inning, he would buy me a bag of cotton candy. I love cotton candy. Always have. Always will. So this worked quite well.


I now love baseball and pay attention with out needing the incentive, and yet 5th inning still means the same thing. It still means that Daddy buys a bag of cotton candy for his little girl. And it's still one of my favorite parts of the trip. Not just because I love cotton candy - although that also comes into it - but because it is special. It's the time when for a few moments I can stop being 17 and be 8 again. 

2 comments: