Monday, April 8, 2013

"The city clears and sun ascends"

There is one window in my bedroom. That one window faces North and slightly West, and is under a deck. Not much light gets through it. In the Winter the sun never really comes in. But in the Summer it comes in for a little while just before it set, and there is one evening in the Spring, when I walk into my room and there is a narrow beam of late sunlight on my wall. That is one of the best days of my year. Today was that day.


Not long ago I put a bunch of new pictures on my wall. One of them is of my grandmother from when she was young. The sun hit it perfectly, and for a moment it felt like she was in the room with me again.

"And if your strife strikes at your sleep
Remember spring swaps snow for leaves
You'll be happy and wholesome again

When the city clears and sun ascends" 

               - Winter Winds by Mumford and Sons

2 comments:

  1. you still owe me a dance to that song btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't ask for one before! But you can have one =).

    ReplyDelete